Monday, November 15, 2010

Interview

Today the rain washes the streets. The paths are fading into one another, forming new paths. The past creeps in as I begin to focus on the newness of this life I live.  What are the things that I have done right? What are the things that I have done wrong? These questions cause a special conversation in my head. Becoming deeper and deeper involved in the what ifs and the why not's.

In all aspects of life, with everyone you meet, new and old. When you are alone, or in the midst of the crowd, the same 'thing' is occurring. You are constantly and continuously asking questions. Every conversation is an interview. We are interviewing one another based upon what we have been taught, and also to gain more information on the perception of the person we are engaged with, including ourselves.  We then formulate publication of the interview.  Our brains filled with magazine racks. Filled with all the interviews of the past and the present. From the flight attendant to our grandma on our mothers side. Interviews for years.

Whats the basis? Whats the point? why do we focus on hearing the answers? What is our business?

Is the answer in the answer, or is it in the question? Or is the answer in the experience of living the question?

Why do I want to learn more about you from questions? If the only you I have access to is the one right here and right now? The experience gives me grounding on who you are, not the answer to the question "whats your favorite ice cream?"

I have published many many interviews about every person I have met. From the people I met as a child to the people I meet day to day now. I am learning that i don't want the answers any longer. I want the feelings and the experiences. i want the surprise of learning that your ice cream flav is cookies and cream. Walking into every moment anew.

Published,
KnM

No comments:

Post a Comment