Thursday, November 25, 2010

Kristinism

This day is always such a bizarre day to watch from afar. The shoppers prior to the feast. The cars piled up on the freeway. The matching of scarves and mittens on everyone old and young. Newspapers open, corner to corner, displaying the 'extreme' sales and deals for the day no called "black Friday." A break in the work week. Remarkable shift in music, a station that plays 50% solid goodness shifts into 10% of tolerable tunes.

It is a shift. A day in which the world transfixes upon a Holiday Season of twinkle lights and Bad Sweaters. Overspending and Gluttony. 

And then another shift happens, a shift of how we, how I, can view the entrance gate of the Holiday Season. In the past I have experienced a sense of obligation to spend for no apparent reason. i have felt the need to have a red cup in my hand as i walk the mall.  It has always felt as if I was in a rush to get all this 'stuff' done and really I was missing the point all along!

The reason I am writing my thoughts is because I was reminded. I was reminded by my body instantly reacting to past experiences as I woke. And then I simply thought of this past year in my life and ways that the year has shifted me and how i shifted it.

I am Thankful in ways i have never been before. I wake and praise the sun that warms my face. kiss the moon goodnight. I cherish the hours spent with my sisters, my friends, and  days with myself.

I am Thankful for the music i hear playing in my ears. The laughter of a child. The Colors in the garden and in the sky. the words I am writing. the pen that forms a remarkable design and now is permanently placed on my skin.

The shift was I woke up. I am not rushing anymore. I have chosen to live the day, not race to to get to the end of it. Living in the moment.

The days from now until Christmas present a challenge for us all (no pun intended). Will we soak in the beauty of the winter? the hibernation of our soul? Or simply be unconscious to it all, and fall back into the ways we have 'done' it before. falling back into a old habit------Leaf that for the Fall :)

My 10 Things i am Grateful for This day and Everyday
1. laughter, above all this makes me alive in ways only the vibration in my chest can bring.
2. family, the relationship i have cultivated with my mother, father and sisters serves my life more than i could ever have imagined. they are, and always will be fully employed as Life's cheer leading squad.
3. my boy crew, to have been the girl in the midst of these men continues to blow my mind away.
4. love, falling in Love as much as possible with whomever and whatever...so good.
5. creativity
6. friends, the nectar of life is found in my love affairs with everyone that i cherish and call a friend.
7. adventures, being in the question and creating a memory to lean into
8. collaboration, with fashion, people, organizations, ideas- the collaboration of brilliance creates beauty
9. music, holy mother of all that is good, hahahah, music is where it is at for me. the gift of the performer sparks the gift within me that i am just beginning to unwrap.
10. being myself

So on this day I thank you for reading this, being an active participant on this planet, being remarkable, alive, and simply being the one that someone will fall in love with this day!

Be Yourself!

KnM

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Kristin ♥ Happy Thanksgiving~ I am grateful for you~ You ARE Beautiful Brilliance in action~ xo

    ReplyDelete