And as we step into the fall, the month of September especially, I notice that I am placing my thoughts into remembering and acknowledging life more than any other season. I turn 31 this month, a day that makes me so grateful for my family, the love and support of my parents, the brilliance of my friends.
The trees becoming vibrant in color, seeds are being planted to create another crop of deliciousness.
I have two couples in my life, with every one being super important in my life, that are celebrating their wedding anniversary on my birthday. It gives me permission to celebrate the love, the union, and the example of pure commitment. These 2 couples are inspiring and I am consistently and constantly inspired by who they are in the world and who they all are in my world. And a wack-a-doo coincidence. Many blessings and love to these remarkable peeps.
The anniversary of 9/11/01. 10 years. First of all, time went insanely fast. Secondly, I am not acknowledging this day as a day of terrorism, not even for a moment. It was an alarm in my life, an alarm in my world. To awaken from the dream of ignorance of global matters, and become educated on what really is happening on the global platform. Saddened by the event, for sure, no question, I am also pissed off that we as individuals, communities, governments, as global citizens spend more time looking at the problem and not at the solution. What can we do to start healing, what can we do to start educating the cool kids growing up today, 9/11 being an event that happened as they were still playing with Barbies, My little Pony's and having scheduled naps. How do we educate this generation in knowing that attacks and war are NOT the norm, especially when thats all they experienced thus far in life.......so my request is we shift. Create a new today, Heal the past so we can start living for today.
take a moment and really grasp this concept!
So now for my birthday list
(you didn't ask, but I think you may agree I am worth it, as you are worth it!)
1. to have the most epic, creative, fun, joyful, job that allows me to be me, and I am able to inspire the masses.
2. a few live shows that are worth my time
3. daily belly laughing
4. a trip to portlandia
5. a McGuirk 5 reunion
6. Gas Prices to reduce significantly
7. complete integrity and authenticity
8. camping on the beach
9. wake up every morning with purpose and passion
10. remarkable hike
11. delicious cup of coffee with a delicious conversation
12. for my life to reveal its beauty and brilliance as me, through me.
13. to forgive myself for the past, all of the past, and to begin to create a culture of compassion and creativity as a norm in all i do.
14. to fall deeply, madly in love with people. the ones in my life now and the ones that will soon be entering it.
15. sushi, a lot of sushi
16. to not be defensive and fear conversations. to understand that every interaction in my life is a blessing. That truly everyone is conspiring on my behalf for a richer, healthier, loving life.
17. to plant a tree for Sam in my parents new yard
18. to accept a compliment
19. to become an oxygen lover, and have a new sense of American Spirit.
20. become a local
21. have all different crews meet and create a larger crew
22. tattoo extension
23. allow the gifts to flow in my life. I am ready to receive.
24. pair of orange TOMS....its time i become hip
26. space to entertain, create, cook, laugh
27. be a witness to my friends dreams come true, and in return allow them to witness mine.
28. endless supply supporter
29. become involved with 2012 campaign, focusing primarily on the new voters
30. bills paid on time, and have a rhythm
31. to fall more in love
NOW that is what I am talking about!!!!!
Happy September Peeps!!!