Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sleep Signing

Everyday is new, this we know to be true, no need to drill that truth deeper. 

It came to my attention today that we are always experiencing and developing more and more ways to defend our experiences. We create reasoning's for why we feel the way we feel, why people are the way that they are. This food is better than that food. Listen to my music, its better than yours.  It is a constant defending of the 'why' we do things as humans.  It started millions of days ago with the concept of permission.


we have been raised in a state of living that is constantly giving permission to the things, people, and places around us for whatever reason. 


permission allows us to be OK with what is happening. it makes us feel in control. it permits action. 


For whatever reason I am in a world that permits war. that permits starvation. that permits lack. these are a few of the things that are happening everyday in the world, that i truly believe can be healed.  Yet i am in a constant argument with myself on how I gave permission to these events that disgust my heart so. How did I, and when did I? 


For years upon years I have formulated an opinion of what is so wrong with the world around me, and how it can be ugly? Why do we as humans do such gnarly things?  Why are people so insanely miserable? cranky? mean? That's when the light bulb appeared for me. I have been giving one of the most powerful tools we have as humans away.....My permission.....to things that I do not want to serve my life any longer. 


By focusing on these situations, people, etc that I don't jive with, my focus is me signing the permission slip. Its insane to think about. 


For years upon years our human nature has been living with a permanent marker in our hands, signing off, and permitting the destruction of our planet. We are sleep signing


Now for a hippie moment............ Ask yourself what have you been sleep signing? Seriously think about it. Have you been giving yourself permission to live an unhealthy life? I am fat, and that's just the way it is!     Without even thinking for a moment that all you need to do is rip that slip up and sign a new one!  Being healthy and loving my bod is off the hook, I'm a hot mama!


Today I am changing the ink on this pen of mine. With more and more attention on the signing, it becomes more and more 'mine'. I become more invested and engaged in this idea of living my life. I am conscious. I am singing what i want to sing, wearing what i want to wear, writing whatever I want to write, and ultimately developing one hell of  a world that more peeps would want to live in. 


Signing above the dotted line,
KnM

No comments:

Post a Comment